Wednesday, April 29, 2009

And so the journey begins...

After a couple of days to think upon what has transpired in my life, I've identified some things that I need to work on. Mainly building self confidence. What is self confidence anyways? Whatever it is, I'd like to have bucketfuls of it, please.

I don't have much of it and I don't think I've ever had a whole lot of it. I guess some of that stems from how I grew up in the environment I grew up in. Now don't get me wrong as I'm not hating on my parents or anything like that. It is what it is.

I've been doing some reading on the Intrawebs on building self-confidence and stumbled upon this fabulous blog article on 25 killer actions to boost your self-confidence from Zenhabits. It's looking at the positives and having a belief in yourself that you can do whatever it is that you want to do.

Quite the attitude shift. Kind of daunting from a gal who had always focused on the negative. Thankfully, self confidence is something that can be learned/grown/cultivated/whatever. Baby steps.

Here's a quote that I came across yesterday that really resonated with me.

I don't want to leave any darkness behind me. I think we should all have a responsibility not to affect people in a negative way.


Related Posts by Categories



4 comments:

LiPeony said...

i completely understand and please pass a bucket to me too. I think it's much easier said then done but with tiny steps it can be. Keep it up one step at a time! =D

TMCPhoto said...

I'm right there with you. Confidence is a subject that's been on my mind of late too. It's amazing how easy it is to poo poo a thought or action, well actually it's not that amazing. I hope your buckets get nice and full

Full-Time said...

I think that self-confidence is something we truly need especially in today's society since most things are very unexpected...oh well... i need a handful at least...lol

Nina said...

Zen is great. I had a phase of reading a lot about buddhist philosopy and I found a lot of it really inspiring.
Regarding looking at the postive things in life a good film to check out is 'The Secret', if you type it into google you are sure to find it very easily.
Anyway, I send you lots of good wishes regarding self confidence. It is something I also work on (in fact I think I've been working on it for years now and it is so worth taking little actions because all the small things do help a lot!)